Stone Soup Cafe
Stone Soup Cafe is a warm, safe place for people who are hungry to eat good hot meals as a community.
Five days a week, Stone Soup Cafe serves free, nutritious breakfasts and sack lunches to those in need. Volunteers serve an average of 28,000 meals per year. Our guests teach us that poverty does not discriminate. We serve mothers and young children, the elderly, homeless, unemployed, and those who are working but can’t make ends meet.
How Can You Help?
Help prepare and serve meals at Stone Soup Cafe.
Volunteers are needed Monday-Friday, 7:30am – 10:30am.
In-kind contributions are a vital part of our daily operations. Although a majority of Stone Soup Cafe food needs are met through the Fairbanks Community Food Bank, the Cafe at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, and the generosity of our community, we still welcome individual donations.
- Lunch snacks: chips, fruit, etc.
- Home baked cookies, muffins, bars
- Sugar: brown & white
- Individual tea bags, assorted
- Sliced cheese for sandwiches
- Lunch meat, any type
- Powdered juice mix
- Lysol: liquid & aresol spray
- 4″ deep aluminum hotel pans
- Dispenser liquid hand soap
- Dawn dish soap
- 18″ Aluminum foil
- 18″ Plastic food wrap
- 8.5 X 11 printer paper
- #950 Black HP printer ink cartridge
- #951 color HP printer cartridge
Other Needed Items
- Bus passes
- Bottled water
- Hand/toe warmers